Sunday, December 2, 2007

Advent Calendar

So this is what is to be my last Christmas craft for the year, an Advent Calendar. There is no chocolate in this one. Rather in each of the box have mini christmas/nativity ornaments I picked up at Micheal's. The inspiration and the lovely Christmas angels and girls came from ArtChix. They are decorated with tinsel/Christmas berries/artificial evergreen/ and mini star garland. The instructions for how given by Art Chix are here. I actually covered all the match boxes with Christmas paper I got from Archivers . They are attached to thick Rick Rack with star nail heads that can be found in the Jewelry section at Micheal's. I had first intended to sew on buttons and stars but the thought of sewing 25 buttons by hand was less than appealing. I imagine all treasure this for many years.

No comments: