Monday, December 10, 2007

Where is Hansel and Gretel ?



This is the week before I head home. I'm baking some Christmas goodies for holiday gifts. That I will let you know about later. But involved in these treats I decided to make some gingerbread houses. I've never made a gingerbread house that I can remember. I was a big sister in the big sister program and this was one of the events me and my little sister attended, but I can't say that was the same. Now I have to say that I didn't do any baking for this but rather bought a kit. I bought two kits and wanted to share what was out there. Green sticked version: From Cobblestone kitchen (large version) purchased at TJ MAXX for 12.99. This kit is unique from the other one because the gingerbread has patterns to resemble bricks and shingles. I also got four large white gumballs that are suppose to be made into snowmen ( I need some gummi worms for a scarf). I also got chiklets gum, sprinkles, and small gumballs. Second version: The other set is from Micheal's onsale for 8.99. I got gum rings and another set of gumdrops that aren't in the other set. Both sets include the icing, an icing bag w/tip, directions, and the bakes gingerbread. We will see what the outcome of each house is later in the week but I imagine that I'll mix and match from both sets. I think these sets are great and I might go buy the other gingerbread set to take home or maybe save for next year. I'm Very excited!

No comments: