Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas leftovers and Christmas Alley


So a few nights ago I saw these reindeer ornaments on Martha Stewart .com and decided they were cute enough to make a whirl at. She actually has santa clause and snowmen too but went to Walmart to find some buttons and they had an assorted pack of brown for $1.50 which one can't beat that price on buttons. So that is why I just did the reindeer. These are INCREDIBLY easy to make so I might try the other characters. You can find the directions on her page but its pretty self explanatory. I think they are in the kids craft ideas and would definitely concur. No hot glue, minimal scissor. EASY EASY EASY ! The next is a project I threw together with some leftovers I had--a santa garland. I ordered the clip art from ArtChix and thought I'd use it on my advent calendar and they were just too large for that. (Advice: when you order stuff online to save on shipping order extra or order for future projects or to inspire future projects). Then I had all these pipe cleaners and so I strung them together with hot glue. Another easy project. (opinion: Craft projects add up quickly in cost. However, rarely will one project use up all the material you bought and thus the leftovers can be used for future projects.

No comments: