Sunday, December 2, 2007

Charming Cody Foster


This year I fell in love with these Cody Foster winter villages. Apparently his company really became popular in 2003 when his houses were featured in the Mary Englebreit magazine. I haven't been in the complete woods about this guy though, because I have known about his stuff just didn't know he was the artist I bought these in bulk ! from ken at KNOTTY WOODS. I would definitely direct one to his site, or e-mail him if you're looking for a specific Cody Foster product. I feel like I've been manic in my e-mails to him and he has been nothing but professional and friendly. So these 3 are above my bookshelf. This is not my ideal place but I put the cart before the horse on this one and ordered these without thinking about where they would all go. They are sitting on cotton (aka snow, but if you buy it as cotton it will be cheaper). Over the snow is dried gold netting that I got at Micheal's and hanging from the ceiling is blue beaded garland also from Micheal's.
This is my Renaissance Church that sits on a small table under my window. Outside the church is an adorable little angel and I think this is one of my favorites. The Madonna and child is from Shari's Angels and is a Joseph's Studio figure. I first saw it at Moxie and thought it was so detailed and striking. The Trees are glass from Moxie and the figure is also available at Moxie. This is the last of the Chirstmas houses and I really don't know where to put this one. It turned out to be the most fragile during shipping but all the houses are really very charming. I have only ever seen one of the Cody Foster houses in a store and it was actually after I purchased all these. I am more than happy with them and until you see them in person you probably won't believe how lovely they are.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Hi!

I came across your blog on MY incessent search for all things Cody Foster. hahahah I "discovered him a couple of days ago and already spent my next paycheck on those darling Christmas houses.

Thanks for posting so many great pics of your projects. We have very similar styles so I might have to poach some of your ideas ;-) Your advent calendar is amazing.

Craft on!

-Natalie

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Cody Foster Christmas said...

I love Cody Foster Christmas ornaments. They are just so cute and really are my kind of taste. I hope that they have some really great new ornaments this year that I can add to my collection.

iDoDIY said...

Lovely outcome, thanks for sharing.